Vermont Wins Federal Disaster Declaration for Seven Counties

The counties of Addison, Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille and Orleans received Federal disaster designation earlier this week from the widespread Spring flooding the Burlington Free Press Reports. Washington, Caledonia and Windham counties still have applications pending.

The Free Press writes “The declaration offers the possibility of grants and loans to individuals, and loans to businesses. Local governments will also be eligible to receive 75 percent federal funding for public infrastructure damage, with the state paying a portion of the remaining 25 percent.”

Residents should apply for aid as soon as possible. Read the complete article here.

Use these resources for more information on how to apply for assistance and to see what qualities for aid:

Please pass this information on to those affected by this spring’s flooding.

Advertisements

About vtlocalroads

The Vermont Local Roads Program at Saint Michael’s College is part of the Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), a nationwide effort financed jointly by the Federal Highway Administration and individual State Departments of Transportation. Its purpose is to provide road and bridge know-how to municipal people involved with highways. There are LTAP Centers in 50 states and Puerto Rico and six Native American locations. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations presented on this page are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of FHWA, VAOT or Saint Michael’s College. All references to proprietary items in this publication are not endorsements of any company or products. Sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Transportation, the Vermont Local Roads Program provides information, training and technical assistance to cities, towns and villages in Vermont. This is done by newsletters, seminars and workshops, distribution of publications and by response to requests.
This entry was posted in Emergency Management. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s