2011 is now upon us. As we transition this first week (with multiple annotations of 2010 on documents that will take place by mistake I’m sure) here are some interesting facts about the number between 10 and 12.
- 11 is a prime number
- Apollo 11 was the first NASA manned space craft to land on the moon
- The state of New York is the 11th state in the Constitution
- The only National Football League Team to retire #11 was the New York Giants to honor quarterback Phil Simms
- The maple leaf on the Canadian Flag has 11 points
- The quote “Ours go up to 11,” referencing amplifiers was made famous in the 1984 mockumentary film “This is Spinal Tap.”
Happy New Year everyone. Vermont Local Roads is excited to begin its second year providing this blog as an additional resource as a means to dissimulate information. Look for weekly toolbox talks, links to current news articles, workshop summaries and more here in the coming year. Subscribe using the panel to the right to have new posts sent directly to your inbox. Also feel free to comment and start a dialogue for any post. Any feedback is also welcome and extremely useful.